The fruit itself is technically a berry containing one large seed. But keep in mind that the scientific definition of a berry (a fruit derived from the ovary of a single flower) varies from common usage. Botanists will tell you that eggplant is a berry and a strawberry is not. So I wouldn’t jump at a berry cobbler made by a botanist! While they aren’t sweet, avocados are a satisfying and versatile food with a creamy, buttery texture. And they have a rich flavor from the high-fat content. Avocado health benefits are extensive and include:
1. Avocado eaters tend to be healthier.
2. Avocados can help you better absorb antioxidants.
3. Avocados may help prevent and treat cancer.
4. Avocados can reduce your risk of heart disease.
5. Avocados may aid in weight loss.
6. Avocados may boost brain health and memory. Avocados may help lower the risk of depression.
7. Avocados can help prevent neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
8. Avocados can keep your eyes healthy as you age.
9. Avocados can help prevent gum disease.
10. Avocados can help ease osteoarthritis.
11. Avocados can combat metabolic syndrome.
12. Avocados can help prevent food poisoning.
13. Avocados can help reduce liver damage.
14. Avocados can be great for pregnant women.